To a science fiction writer science obviously matters. It is both a source of ideas and essential background to plot and character. I have a degree in applied science (chemical engineering) but I still have to do a significant amount of research to develop my ideas about how a piece of technology could work or already does work.
In this series of posts I want to share some of the research about science, technology and society that I do for my writing. I can't promise there wont be some of my own ideas in here (although they will be labelled as such) or the occasional rants about anti-science and other stupidity but mostly it will be real science and tech.
Next week I want to talk about fusion technology. A staple of many futuristic science fiction stories either as the central feature or as necessary background technology but what is possible and what is likely in the near and longer term future of fusion power?
A.I.Marin.
No comments:
Post a Comment