Thursday, 12 November 2015

NaNoWriMo Update

It's nearly two weeks into NaNoWriMo and my word count is going well. As of last night (day 11) i was at 35,567 which is a little short of twice the target of 18,333. I'm going to try and catch up to twice the target over the weekend. Overall I'm confident I'll reach 50k by the end of November. I'm actually hoping to reach 80k for a first draft.

I'm writing what i originally intended to be science fiction with an urban fantasy twist but the story has ended up being more like urban fantasy than anything based on science. So for now I'm going to label it Urban Fantasy i might try to bring back more of the science flavour into the story during editing.

For those that are interested, the working title is "Dimensional Parasites". I'm not sure I like it so the title may well change later. The synopsis I listed on the NaNoWriMo site is below.

An accident at a particle accelerator puts physicist Devon Moore in hospital. He wakes up with only partial memories of the accident and a strange woman sitting in his hospital room. She asks what he remembers and offers a warning, someone might come to kill him. She flees when hospital staff enter the room to see to their patient.

Another stranger tries to kill him by tearing him apart but a flash of light intervenes and Devon wakes up in the park outside the hospital in his paper gown and no memory of how he got there. Weak and bleeding he waits on a park bench for his killer to find him again. Instead he is found by a woman in leather and more piercings than a punk rock band. With little choice but to accept the only help that's being offered, Devon climbs on the back of her motorbike.

A small group of conspirators fill him in on what is trying to kill him and how they think he survived. Physicists like Devon believe that string theory unites everything we know about the universe in a mathematical model with eleven dimensions. The accident at the particle accelerator has pushed Devon into the other dimensions, he can see into them and be seen by whatever already lives there. Devon has become a D-Walker of unknown abilities. The parasites from the other dimensions are after him because they sense his powers. Life has changed and this is only the beginning. Devon must survive the parasites and learn to defend himself while a more insidious threat stalks him.
 A.I. Marin.

No comments:

Post a Comment