I achieved 50k words earlier today. I'm very happy with my success so I guess I want to share some of what I've learnt while writing 50k words in 15 days.
When I started, I wanted to go for the pantser badge which is to write without any planning. however I found that I can write a lot faster and more effectively with planning. Not exhaustive planning but simple point form notes about the story and characters.
I've been trying Scrivener for this NaNoWriMo and I've found that I love it. It works very well with my process or at least the process I have for writing fast for Nano. I've also been using the Scapple note taking / roughing out tool for writers, made by the same people who make Scrivener. I find that it also works very well for the way that I think and write. With these two pieces of software and an appropriate set of rough notes on where to take my story I've been able to be more productive than I ever thought I could.
I've found much to my surprise that I can write up to four and a half thousand words after work. That is a volume I just didn't think I could achieve. Now that I know I can achieve more I'm hoping to be more productive in general. Before anyone asks, no I don't get any kickbacks from this software or anything for endorsing them, I've just found they work exceptionally well for me. End. Of. Story.
Here's to more writing ahead but also more planning to make it happen easier and faster.
A.I. Marin.
Links:
http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php
http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scapple.php
No comments:
Post a Comment