Thursday, 17 December 2015

The Watchers

I've been pulling together the information on 'The Watchers' in the Worlds Apart series so that future references to them can be consistent. I remembered that there were more verses in the Riddle of the Fie, that Grando relates to Bella, than I ended up having in the final version of the first book. While more verses were interesting to me, they slowed the story down for no real payoff so I cut them out.

For anyone who's interested here is the full list of verses, the additional verses are in italics:

Came the host upon our shore,
with lance of light declared they war,
inner bright at once destroyed,
cast adrift in darkened void.

Came the host upon the sky,
Storm of clouds drawing nigh,
Sere the coast with falling fire,
billowing clouds rise ever higher.


Came the host upon the mount,
Numbering beyond our count,
Rent the peaks, blinding eyes,
Fill the ether with their lies.


Came the host upon the sea,
Wave of death no time to flee,
Wall of fire, wall of foam,
Nothing left of hearth and home.


Came the host upon our land,
Blackened earth and glassy sand,
Trees of fire and fields of ash,
Dreams of life gone in a flash.

Came the host ‘pon Watcher’s seat,
with mighty fire they did defeat,
as winked out, the Watcher’s eye,
the host was felled from the sky.

--
A.I. Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment