Sunday, 6 December 2015

NaNoWriMo Final Results

NaNoWriMo finished on Monday the 30th of November and I managed a total of 85,066 words on my official word count. I'm pleased with the results of my first time participating, however I believe I can do more words next time.

The plan I had for a story when I started only covered about the first 10k words I'd written. By the end of the first day (7k) I already knew I was in trouble. I had no clear direction to keep writing in. On the second day I spent some time planning and my word count was low but I ended up with enough of a plan to reach over the 50k mark.

Once I hit the goal of 50k on November 15th I relaxed and took it much easier from there. The story I wrote played out just under the 60k words. Rather than go back and add padding that would just slow the story down I worked on book three of the Worlds Apart series and counted those words in my total. It may not be totally legit but I wanted to see how many words I could reach.

I think I should be able to hit 100k if I have a plan for a story that runs to that length and if I keep pushing for the whole thirty days. That's my goal for next year, have a story plan long enough and push for the whole month to try and hit 100k. As a supplementary goal I hope to hit the 50k before day 15 to beat the mark I set this year.

Onward to NaNoWriMo 2016!

A.I. Marin.

No comments:

Post a Comment